The Australian Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482) is a visa that allows skilled workers to come to Australia to work in occupations where there is a shortage of Australian workers. The TSS visa is a popular option for overseas workers who are looking to work in Australia, as it is relatively flexible and offers a number of benefits, including the ability to apply for permanent residence.
Who can apply for a Australian Temporary Skill Shortage visa?
To be eligible for a TSS visa, you must:
· Be nominated by an approved Australian employer
· Be nominated for an occupation on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) or the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
· Meet the skill requirements for your nominated occupation
· Meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements
· Meet the health and character requirements
How to apply for a Australian Temporary Skill Shortage visa (TSS)?
To apply for a TSS visa, you must first be nominated by an approved Australian employer. Once you have been nominated, you can then lodge a visa application with the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
The visa application process can be complex and time-consuming, so it is important to seek professional advice from a registered migration agent.
Benefits of a TSS visa
Australian Temporary Skill Shortage visa (TSS) offers a number of benefits, including:
· The ability to work in Australia for up to 4 years (or 5 years if you are a Hong Kong passport holder)
· The ability to study in Australia (although you will not receive government assistance)
· The ability to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid
· The ability to apply for permanent residence, if eligible
The Australian Temporary Skill Shortage visa is a popular option for skilled overseas workers who are looking to work in Australia. The visa is relatively flexible and offers a number of benefits, including the ability to be accompanied by family members and apply for permanent residency subject to qualifying conditions.
If you are considering applying for a TSS visa, it is important to seek professional advice from our migration team who have exceptional business experience.