The Australian Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is a visa that allows international students who have recently graduated from an Australian university to live, work, and study in Australia for up to 4 years. The 485 visa is a popular option for international students who want to gain work experience in Australia or who are considering applying for permanent residency.
Who can apply for an Australian Temporary Graduate Visa visa?
To be eligible for an Australian Temporary Graduate Visa, you must:
• Be under 50 years of age
• Have held a student visa in Australia within the last 6 months
• Have graduated from a CRICOS-registered course in Australia
• Meet the English language proficiency requirements
• Meet the health and character requirements
How to apply for an Australian Temporary Graduate Visa 485 visa
To apply for a 485 visa, you must lodge a visa application with the Australian Department of Home Affairs. The visa application process can be complex and time-consuming, so it is important to seek professional advice from a registered migration agent.
Benefits of an Australian Temporary Graduate Visa
The subclass 485 Visa offers a number of benefits, including:
• The ability to live, work, and study in Australia for up to 4 years
• The ability to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid
• The ability to apply for permanent residency, if eligible
The Australian Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) offers a number of advantages to international students who have recently graduated from an Australian university. These advantages include:
- Gain valuable work experience in Australia. The 485 visa allows you to work full-time or part-time in any field, even if you do not have a job offer before you apply. This can be a great way to gain experience in your chosen field and make yourself more competitive in the Australian job market.
- Improve your English skills. Working in Australia is a great way to immerse yourself in the English language and improve your speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills. This can be beneficial for your future career prospects, both in Australia and overseas.
- Build professional networks. Working in Australia gives you the opportunity to meet and network with other professionals in your field. This can lead to new job opportunities and collaborations in the future.
- Explore Australia and its culture. Living in Australia on a 485 visa gives you the opportunity to explore the country and its unique culture. You can travel to different cities and states, meet new people, and experience all that Australia has to offer.
- Pathway to permanent residency. The 485 visa can be a pathway to permanent residency in Australia. If you meet certain criteria, you may be eligible to apply for a skilled migrant visa or another type of permanent residency visa.
Overall, the Australian Temporary Graduate visa offers a number of advantages to international students who want to stay in Australia after graduation. It is a great way to gain work experience, improve your English skills, build professional networks, explore Australia, and potentially obtain permanent residency.
In addition to the above advantages, the Australian Temporary Graduate visa also offers the following:
- You can bring your spouse or partner and dependent children to Australia with you on the same visa.
- You can study full-time or part-time on a 485 visa, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria for the course you want to study.
- You can travel outside of Australia and return on your 485 visa, as long as you maintain your visa status.
If you are an international student who has recently graduated from an Australian university, the Temporary Graduate visa is a great option to consider. It offers a number of advantages that can help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
The Australian Temporary Graduate visa is a popular option for international students who want to gain work experience in Australia in an eligible skilled occupation thereby opening a pathway to temporary work or permanent migration under other eligible visas.
If you are considering applying for an Australian Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485 visa), it is important to seek professional advice from our migration agent.
Do’s and Don’ts for Australian Temporary Graduate Visa
- Start preparing for your visa application as soon as possible. This will give you time to gather all the required documentation and ensure that your application is complete and accurate.
- Make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements for the visa. This includes having a valid passport, having completed an eligible qualification in Australia, and meeting the English language requirements.
- Obtain a skills assessment for your nominated occupation. This is a mandatory requirement for the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) Graduate Work stream.
- Apply for the visa online and pay the application fee.
- Keep your passport and visa valid.
- Update your address with the Department of Home Affairs if you move.
- Maintain your health insurance coverage.
- Comply with all the conditions of your visa.
- Don’t apply for the visa if you don’t meet all the eligibility requirements.
- Don’t submit an incomplete or inaccurate visa application.
- Don’t work in an occupation that is not on the Independent and Family Sponsored Occupations List.
- Don’t exceed the number of hours you are allowed to work under your visa conditions.
- Don’t stay in Australia after your visa expires.
- If you are unsure about any aspect of the visa application process, seek professional advice from a registered migration agent.
- Be aware of the processing times for the visa. It can take several months for your visa to be processed, so it’s important to apply early.
- Keep a copy of all your visa-related documents in a safe place.
By following these do’s and don’ts, you can increase your chances of having a successful Temporary Graduate Visa application.